1/3 c Light rum 2/3 c Lt. brown sugar (packed)
1/2 c Seedless raisins 1 1/2 ts Vanilla extract
2 cn Evaporated skim milk (12 oz 1 Small loaf (approx 5 oz)
– ea.) – French bread in 1″
1 c Frozen no-fat liquid – cubes
1. Combine rum and raisins in a small bowl & set aside for 15 min.
2. In a large bowl, whixk together the evaporated milk, liquid egg
substitute, brown sugar, and vanilla. Stir in the raisins and rum,
and bread cubes and set aside for 20 min. Heat oven to 350 Degress.
Heat water in a tea kettle.
3. Pour mixture into a 9 X 5-1/2″ (8 cup) non-stick pan loaf. Place
the pan in the center of a baking pan or large ovenproof casserole
and position on a rack set in the middle of the oven, Pour boiling
water into the pan to reach halfway up the sides of the loaf pan.
Bake until set in the center (45-55 minutes).
4. Remove pan from oven and loaf pan from the water bath. Cool on a
wire rack. Serve chilled
[0.46 grams of fat/serving] from “Just Desserts: secret to
fat-free-eating lies in substitution” Chicago Tribune Magazine, April
posted by Bud Cloyd